Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Posted by katie at 1:52 AM
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
- Decided to get a 4wd rental car, our goal was to leave town between noon and 1pm...
- Getting the rental car should have taken, what, 20 minutes? took 2 hours... ughhh!
- Left my Mom's house loaded with half our stuff at 2:00pm...
- Ran down I-205, not really a problem and had to stop at our house... in record time had all presents loaded, snacks packed, and movie started for the boys...
- 3:00pm hit the road... goal was to make it to Medford to stay with my brother for the night by 9pm, 6 hours gave us plenty of time.
- 3:15 heard from my sister they would be closing I-5 at 4pm to de-ice the roads, so we needed to be fast.
- Didn't stop for gas, figured we would make it to I-5 before they closed it down and would stop to get gas than.
- 4pm sitting on I-205 going 5 miles an hour... sucks...
- 4:30pm have gone not even a mile...
- 5:30pm still on I-205 not moving at all...
- 6:30pm... still sitting, people are out of the cars, trying to figure out what the heck is going on.
- ...We have only a quarter a tank of gas left...
- 7:45pm barely moving along, we finally make it to the stafford road exit... we get off of I-205 south, and get right back on I-205 North... we are going home!
- 4 and a half hours we made it 2.6 miles...
- It took us 11 minutes to make it back to our exit for home, that was traveling at a high speed of 30mph.
- We threw in the towel! There are now winter advisories on both sexton and the siskiyou pass, plus a storm is supposed to hit Northern California... we are done. the universe is telling us it is No Go....
Posted by katie at 7:44 AM
Monday, December 22, 2008
My stocking is 30 years old, so crazy. My Great Grandma made every child in my family a stocking and they are the only ones we have ever used.It is so fun to carry on the tradition and make ones for my family. B's is from our first Christmas together, Ollie's was of course his first Christmas. Max did'nt get one for his first two years, poor guy, I finally got my stuff together and got his made... so fun....
Posted by katie at 10:32 AM
Posted by katie at 10:19 AM
Monday, December 15, 2008
Posted by katie at 1:04 PM
Friday, December 12, 2008
I got a request last night on the phone from a certain Nana.
seems I've been heavy on the max video, so here is some ollie clips to hold Nana over till Christmas....
Posted by katie at 9:45 AM
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Posted by katie at 12:52 PM
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Posted by katie at 9:35 AM
Thursday, December 4, 2008
My husband is awesome. Let's just start with that.
But, anytime I have him run to the store to pick up a couple of things, he is gone, seriously like 2 hours. Usually he comes home with odd things that I asked for, but the completely wrong brand and wrong size. Accompanied by exaggerated tales of having to search the store, and walk from end to end multiple times.
An example, milk, we buy only organic milk, which I won't go into the reasons here, but you know the reasons. So B will usually come home with a half gallon, claiming that was all they had... hmmmmm... pretty sure they have gallons.
Since I spend allot of my time, I mean allot of my time, at the grocery store, last time I sent him, I sent him with a map...
I think I am freakin hilarious!
I really shouldn't complain at all, he took the kids with him so I could get some work done... love that man.
Posted by katie at 4:17 PM
I was asked to submit a photo and a little blurb for a shop local etsy article...
Posted by katie at 3:15 PM
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
I guess my hum bow cravings will have to be filled out at Uwajimaya after all.
Posted by katie at 9:45 AM