Friday, August 28, 2009
Posted by katie at 10:31 AM
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Posted by katie at 10:47 AM
Monday, August 10, 2009
Actually it was only 8am to 11am, and only for one week. Really not even a whole week, just Monday through Thursday.
I covered the front desk at my old work... Coffee Bean International. I can't believe it has been 2.5 years since I worked there. It was great catching up with everyone, basically all I did was gab most of the time I was there. It was like I never had left. It was nice being there without the stress I had when I actually worked there. One of my old positions just opened up, one of the less stressful ones....the manager came and talked to me about it and I seriously considered it for maybe an hour.
Do you know how nice it was to not have 2 little men following my every move? How nice it was to do paperwork in quiet. To have actual conversations about other peoples lives, that don't have kids, to talk about weddings, and concerts, and yoga classes......to remember that I did have a life before kids.
Even though it was so great to have a little break, and act like I was working (seriously only working for 3 hours a morning can't really be considered working). It was great coming home to the boys, I missed them, I missed waking up with them (I won't lie though, getting up before they were awake, showering and actually getting dressed and having somewhere to be, was really nice). This time I have with them is precious, and will be gone soon... i keep telling myself that.
The Money does not add up right now, I would be paying most of my paycheck to have someone else be with the kids most of the day. Plus I wouldn't have much time for burdyflyaway, which is my job right now. It would be so nice to have someone else just pay me for showing up and picking my nose, rather than me having to stress about getting all the crap done in order to get a paycheck!
It is kind of fun being on temp status at work though, and to have an office that likes me! Every once in a while working for a week here or there is enough to remind me being at home is the best thing for all of us right now! And thank GOD I have Brian and have that choice, there are allot of women that have to work, they don't have the options that I have, so now I will stop complaining and get these freakin wholesale burdy orders done and out the door, can't get paid if the crap is not shipped!
Posted by katie at 9:11 AM
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
- camp spot reservations at the beach, 6 hours from home.....$65.00
- food and snacks....$120.00
- hotel room to puke my guts up in and die in privacy...$125.00
- filling the tank with gas to drive home stopping every 2 hours to let your husband puke out the passenger side door......$35.00
- creating memorable family vacations.... priceless!
Posted by katie at 11:16 PM
Sunday, August 2, 2009
So since we have been up to to much to blog about all of it in detail, and allot of the details have escaped me, and may only be interesting to me anyway... here is a list...
- My garden has failed miserably, weeds have taken it over. I don't know what is up with my vantucky dirt, but my veggies don't really like it, and it has way to many weeds in it. I think my landlord at our old house must of secretly weeded my garden, it was always so pretty and none weedy. one more reason why I hate it here.
- We spent an awesome weekend in Seattle. Jo was graduating with her certification in Ultrasound therapy in Bellevue, so we made a whole weekend out of it. We ran the boys all over the place. We got to bum around Seattle and I got to share the city I love with the boys. After a weekend in Seattle, it made Portland feel like the not so cool younger brother.
- We have spent many days wondering around parks, and trying to keep cool. We have had record high temps, the Northwest is not meant to have temps like 107.... this is why I had to leave California, and now it is following us here. It makes everyone cranky and irritable. Thank God we have air conditioning, but that just makes me want to hole up in the house and not move out of my cool cave, which is not so fun for the boys.
- We have found a couple of lakes locally to swim in. I love swimming, Max does too, Ollie not so much.
- Max has started potty training, we have not mastered it, I am taking the same approach as I did with Ollie, Laid back, and naked... hopefully within a couple of weeks diapers will be a thing of the past!
BBQ's, Sunburns, Friends, Popsicles, and Ice Cream... pretty much sums up our summer so far... Hopefully I will get back on the blogging band wagon!
Posted by katie at 8:28 AM