Saturday, November 24, 2007

what my dad taught me...

the last couple of weeks our bathtub drain has been getting slower and slower... i hate draino, but tried it... it did'nt do a thing, except make me worry about the toxic sludge residue i was now bathing my kids in....

then i found the culprit, my lovely boys had been biting off pieces of there bathtub foam toys and shoving it down the drain.... by the way i do watch my kids while they take a bath, but i do things like tweeze my eyebrows, contemplate my wrinkles, and read up on really great mags like US weekly and life and style... haaa (thanks jo, i am addicted) so you could say i don't pay attention that well... but I am in the same room....

anyway, so what do you do short of calling the plumber? My dad taught me this... you buy a drain snake...9.99 at freddys, a long snakey piece of metal that you crank into the plumbing until you move the clog along... This is one of the ingenious little tips i picked up from my dad... i also can fix almost anything with duct tape... and wd-40 is great to have around the house... alcohol is great for cleaning and fixing the inside of electronics (used this when i had burned a ton of incense on top of my vcr... all the little dust went right into the vent) I have also taken apart the inside of my own toilet, and taken all the plumbing apart under my bathroom sink... and successfully put it back together... My dad was a fixer, and passed on alittle bit to me... i miss him...

0 comments: