Monday, February 9, 2009

saved.. .

Last week was a week from h*ll.

Two sick boys, and bordering on getting sick myself, many teary phone calls to sisters and friends in other states.....

Trying to resist the urge to sleep all day long, the motivation of a garden slug.

To go with my mama blues I had 3 sets of samples to finish dyeing, sewing, printing, and tagging, that were due on the 1st. Got an extension till the 10th, and still am finishing the tags today... to get overnighted to L.A... all to make it there by the 10th....arghhhh
Being a stay at home mom, trying to get anything done, not kid focused is hard? Sometimes it is next to impossible but when the kids are sick and whiney... my oh my, I just wanted to go to bed and not get up to my life for almost the entire week. It was a week that I had so much to do, that I didn't know where to start and couldn't focus on a thing.

After a week of frantically working while boys napped, praying to the nap gods that naps would be extra long, and not feeling like I made any progress at all.... My sister Jo came to my rescue.

On Saturday morning me and jo were supposed to go for a walk, she showed up at 10am. I was finishing up dyeing some shirts, the boys were still in their jammies, and eating breakfast on a table I set up in my work area. I was spent, had been up till 3:30 am working on samples, and was up bright and early to work more, before the little men woke up and B took off for work. Jo took a look around and than said "okay boys, lets get dressed and packed and get out of here."

She took the boys to my moms...

Not only for the day...

but for the entire night....

I worked all day long, I moved my sewing machine and screenprinter upstairs and watched HGTV all day....
I took a bath, i had time to actually shave my legs, and I plucked my eyebrows that were in need of much attention.

I could breath, without feeling like two sweet little men were sucking the breath out of me.

I got to go to dinner at a favorite thai restaurant, with my favorite man, that is not kid friendly.

I got to walk around downtown portland at night with my husband.

I got to wake up and lay around in bed.

I got to go to the cute little breakfast joint that is way to crammed, and always has way to long of a wait for the us as a family to go there.

I got to feel like a human again.

Than B gave me Sunday afternoon off too..I am a lucky girl. He took the boys home, and me, my mom, and jo went to lunch and a really girlie movie... he's just not that into you... which was hilarious... of course not the best movie ever, but being a girl.... it was really funny!

This morning I am finishing up some work, have to get to the post office, the bank, and the tax man.... but man do I feel better than I did last week. Thank God for those that love us, and when we are really in need, can swoop in without us having to say a word.


Tiffany said...

Good for you! It is amazing how much a break can do. You can be a better mama that way. Mama & Dad time is so nice too. I'm looking forward to our first overnight trip after Riley is weaned...we got a while still, but I'm already looking forward to it.

Their Giant said...

I'm a little sad to hear that you're not growing your eye brows out again. That was awesome.

Only a tiny bit jealous of your night off.

rae ann said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.