Thursday, March 6, 2008

my beat up boy...

So max is a rough and tumble kind of kid. Maybe it is being the second, maybe it is cause ollie is a big meany. But my poor baby is looking sorry.

He got a black eye last week when he was drinking out of a cup and ollie went to grab it cause it was "MMMIIINNNNEE" tripped and ended up pushing the cup up into maxes little eye socket. Than a mysterious scratch appeared while the boys were playing in there room.

I spy on the boys allot, quietly wait at the door to see what is going on. Max is the loud one. So usually Ollie is the one who gets in trouble, and has to sit in time-out when they fight. I have been observing and realize max is an instigator. No surprise out there for you older siblings, right. I remember my younger siblings quietly egging me on. I remember being the one to egg on my older siblings (I used to bug jeff to death, and he used to beat the crap out of me, than I would go back for more... I didn't learn very fast). So max will steal toys, walk up and hit ollie on the head or any number of other ways to get some ollie attention. Ollie than will do what any other three year old boy will do, hit him back, kick him out of the way, sit on him... and oh yes, my personal least favorite bite him. Ollie is a biter. He spends allot of time in time-out. I don't know what else to do, I have read a number of books, and unfortunately I can't bring myself to bite him back. Or make him bite himself. I figure max is getting pretty rough, Ollie will learn soon enough. When max cries I will say in a stern Mother voice. "Ollie did you hurt max, what did you do?" He used to ignore me, he now says very sternly back "i bit him" and runs to time-out. Maybe my time-outs are not solving the problem?

0 comments: